Providing the highest level of service, from 1998 to today.
Avalon Risk Management is an independent, privately-held insurance broker, owned and operated by our founding management team with a multi-national presence. We are 100% committed to our customers and your industry. Through our network of agents worldwide, we assist our valued clients with their global insurance needs.
Avalon Risk Management will always be a premier provider of innovative insurance and surety solutions as a valued business partner within our selected industries; always maintaining integrity and profitability.
Every day we strive to earn the trust and respect of our existing and future business partners in the most profitable and ethical manner through excellent service, cutting edge technology, and professionally-designed insurance and surety solutions.
- January 1998 – Avalon began its operation with 22 employees, a majority of which are still with the company today. Our corporate headquarters opened in the Chicago area, along with three regional sales offices: Atlanta, Boston and Los Angeles.
- March 1998 – Opened New York and Miami/Latin America offices.
- April 1998 – Opened Chicago sales office.
- May 1998 – Opened Seattle office.
- September 1998 – Opened Houston office.
- February 2002 – Opened San Francisco office.
- December 2007 – Acquired Mattoni Insurance Brokerage. (press release)
- January 2008 – Avalon celebrated its 10-year anniversary. (press release)
- March 2008 – Opened Charleston office. (press release)
- January 2009 – Opened Toronto office. (press release)
- October 2009 – Avalon became a private company after completing a management buyout from Kingsway Financial Services Inc. (press release)
- December 2011 – Ranked 15th on the list of Best Places to Work in Illinois and named nationally as one of the Best Places to Work in Insurance. (company profile)
- October 2012 – Was named Commercial Agency of the Year by National Underwriter and American Agent and Broker magazines.
- September 2013 – Ranked for 2013 Best Places to Work in Insurance. (press release)
Our core values give us the strength to continue growing and leading the industry in insurance and surety solutions.
Integrity: We value honesty, work ethic, keeping commitments to our customers and each other and acting in line with our values. We are passionate about our business and it shows.
Teamwork: We value cooperating with each other toward a common goal, with mutual respect and acknowledgement that everyone has an important contribution to make.
Communication: We value communicating with employees, business partners and clients through open dialogue, allowing the exchanging of views. We view everyone we interact with as business partners.
Personal Growth and Knowledge: We value continual learning, development of new skills and self-awareness. We support the professional development of our employees and succession planning through our various Tuition Reimbursement, Avalon University and Leadership programs.
Family and Community: We value our work and strive to keep a balance between taking care of business and taking care of and spending time with loved ones, as well as helping the community.