March 24, 2014
ISF Updates in Web Merlin™, Bad Address Insufficiency Notices and eBond Outreach
Avalon Provides Vessel Departure Messages in Web Merlin for ISF Compliance
Avalon has worked closely with CBP to provide the Vessel Departure Messages (VDM) in our surety data so we can proactively help you and your import clients with ISF compliance. Effective March 10, 2014, Avalon began to receive the VDMs with our monthly ISF report available through ACE. It will take a couple months for our ISF data to get more fully populated with the VDMs, but you will soon see any VDM we have on file when you run an Entry Wizard report. Future development in Web Merlin will include:
- Query a VDM by B/L number or ISF transaction number to determine timeliness of an ISF
- ISF Compliance Reports that can be run by branch office, importer, and variety of ways to help you manage ISF compliance
- Emailed snapshot report of your importers and their ISF compliance rates
Bond Insufficiency due to Bad Address:
The CBP Bond Team has advised that beginning April 8, 2014 returned mail for an importer with a continuous bond will cause their bond to become insufficient. The insufficiency reason noted in the ACE portal will be “Address Incorrect – Mail Being Returned.” The Bond Team will render bonds insufficient in ACE due to returned mail every Tuesday. Via access to the surety ACE portal, Avalon will identify any bonds rendered insufficient and help you manage the reinstatement of these bonds.
Avalon has instituted a weekly process to notify you of any bonds that have become insufficient for your clients to help avoid any delays with clearance of shipments due to a bad address. Bonds can be made sufficient by filing an address change rider and the CBP Form 5106 if the physical address needs to be updated. If only the mailing address needs updating, filing of the CBP Form 5106 is all that is required. Please contact our Centralized Bond Unit, should you need assistance with any riders or mailing address updates.
ISF and eBond Outreach:
As an active member of the Trade Support Network (TSN) and COAC, we continue to conduct valuable outreach on ISF, eBond and other regulatory matters impacting your business. Please save the date or check our ISF or eBond web pages for updates.
- Monday, April 7 - NCBFAA Annual Conference from 1:30 to 4:30 pm, Summerlin, NV
- Wednesday, May 14 - WESTCONN Dinner Meeting from 6:00 to 9:00 pm at Giovanni’s WaterEdge in Darien, CT
- Thursday, May 15 - LIIEA Dinner Meeting from 6:00 to 9:00 pm at Fox Hollow in Woodbury, NY
- Tuesday, June 10 – CBFANC Seminar from 8:30 to 11:30 am at the CitiGarden Hotel in South San Francisco, CA
- Wednesday, June 11 - FTA Morning Seminar from 9:00 to 11:30 am at the Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center
- Thursday, June 12 - WIT-Orange County Monthly Luncheon from 11 am to 1:30 pm at the Radisson Newport Beach
- Thursday, June 19 – CBIFFAWS Monthly Luncheon from 11 am to 1:30 pm in Seattle, WA
Additional information regarding the outreach dates and locations can be found on the association’s websites.
Avalon Risk Management provides insurance and surety solutions to the transportation and logistics industries. Local service is provided through ten offices in major U.S. port cities and Toronto, Canada. Products include: Bonds, Marine Cargo Insurance, Professional Liability, Property & Casualty, Executive Risk coverage and specialty auto programs including Truck, Courier and Paratransit insurance. Avalon is Ahead of the Curve when responding to the needs of our clients in an ever evolving industry.Printable version Back to Quest News™