July 21, 2016
Avalon to Speak at NEI’s 2016 Global Trade Educational Conference
Avalon is proud to once again sponsor the NEI’s 2016 Global Trade Educational Conference in Atlanta, GA on August 8-9, 2016. Join Avalon’s Lisa Gelsomino and Grant Goldsmith for panels discussing topics such as Intellectual Property Rights, Antidumping and Countervailing Duty, and real life claims.
True Life Commercial Fraud Stories
Monday, August 8 at 1:15 PM
Hear directly from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) on how they crack down on commercial fraud working in close cooperation with CBP and the Department of Justice (DOJ). Representatives from CBP and DOJ will also participate in this informative panel that will focus on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Anti-Dumping and Countervailing Duty (AD/CVD), and other true trade crimes.
- Brian C. Bujdoso, Assistant Agent in Charge, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- Matthew Saylor, Supervisory Special Agent, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- Robert Thommen, Assistant Center Director, U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP), Consumer Products & Mass Merchandising (CPMM) Center of Excellence and Expertise
- Brian Pearce, Assistant United States Attorney, Northern District of Georgia, Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Lisa Gelsomino, President/CEO, Avalon Risk Management
What Intermediaries and Shippers Should Know About the Carmack Amendment & Interstate Cargo Claims
Tuesday, August 9 at 11:05 AM
Join Avalon’s Grant Goldsmith and other panelists to learn how the Carmack Amendment applies to your business and what you should expect. With that in mind, this panel will identify statutory responsibilities for intermediaries and best practices to manage their exposures including insurance coverage such as Contingent Cargo Liability and Errors and Omissions. Additional risk management strategies will be outlined for shippers to employ and using Cargo Insurance to minimize financial loss.
It’s not too late to register. You may register for G-TEC here.